Sunday, July 10, 2011

rebecca's new favorite manicure! featuring Orly - Frolic

Yes you read the title right! I have a new favorite manicure.
Sometimes you put a polish on your nails and you never want to take it off. That happened to me with Orly's Frolic.

Frolic is from the new Happy Go Lucky collection for the back to school season.
I wasn't planning on getting any colors from the collection because they seemed a bit too unoriginal, but when I saw this one in person I knew it was special.
However I hate the price! This was 5.99 even with the PRO discount at Sally's! All their prices have gone up! I used to get Orly for 3.99 with the pro card. Yuck.
But this polish ended up being so awesome that I don't care about the price.


1 coat. ONE! Such a great formula. Thick, but not hard to work with. Easy to apply. I did not need to clean up at all because it stays right where you want it!
Quite difficult to photograph but the above photo is dead-on on my screen. I'm holding my nails up to it to verify!
This has gone right up into my favorite polishes ever. Buy this polish. 


Inaccurate colors but this shows you that it is unlike any other purple I own. And if you know me, you know I own a lot of purple.
I originally thought it was going to be a lot like China Glaze Spontaneous after seeing promo pics, but Spontaneous is #3 on the wheel - totally different. (Keep in mind, neither of the colors are accurate in the photo, but it does show that they are very different shades.)

So then I started thinking of what I could do to jazz up this manicure. And I decided to grab some glitter.


I added OPI - Teenage Dream and I fell even more in love with these nails.
Teenage Dream did not alter the color of Frolic as it appears in the pictures.


I used my iPhone to try and get the right color and it is also pretty close - the nails with Teenage Dream are most representative of the true color.

So, this was quickly becoming so awesome that I had to add my favorite stamp image to make it even better.


Perfect.


Bow from Konad m59, stamped with Wet N Wild Black Creme. 3mm purple rhinestone added for extra bling. :)
I wish I could have a smaller version of this image so that it could fit on my other nails! The smaller bow image Konad has is just not as pleasing as this one.


iPhone pics just make it look so vibrant and awesome!

Official favorite nails of 2011 thus far!
What do you guys think?
:)

23 comments:

  1. i love it when a simple manicure beats out the more complex designs. I'm glad you are digging this one so much, the color is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, my Sally's is a little cheaper. I LOVE the finished mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And I love that it only took one coat. I really like this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Everything works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! Def buying this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This my new fav. purple! I am currently wearing frisky and I stamped with frolic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I'm convinced.....I need this color now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome color, awesome mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you love it so much. Everything about it screams "Rebecca!" Purple, glitter, bows, rhinestones? What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The end result is gorgeous . Love the accent fingers .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just to make you feel a tiny bit better about the new $5.99 price tag on Orly: I've only found one salon that carries Orly in my city and they're $12! The bow looks so cute, I'll have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove this purple! It looks great alone and would look amazing for like colour blocking on nails :D Orly for me has pretty consistent formula too. I'll have to stop by sally's tomorrow!!

    Please check me out :) at ykhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too cute! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purple is my favorite color and man, I think I'm going to have to buy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!! Love love love!! I love purple but I didn't buy any purple nail polish in ages.. I want this one!!

    http://giveawaysforeveryone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous color... I have to get it now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! GOOOORGEOUS colour!
    It looks reeeally good with Teenage Dream on top!
    http://stylebyella.blogspot.com/

    Check out my blog, I'm new to blogging so I could use some advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! If $5.99 is expensive to you - don't move to New Zealand!! OPI around here is $25 a bottle!

    ReplyDelete