Friday, May 27, 2011

my friends like nails, too

Hey guys, another late night post from me, but not quite as late this time.
I just have so many things to post that I feel like doing multiple per day.

Between last night's swatching session and the one I had today, I swatched 24 polishes. Ridiculous. If only that made a big dent in my stash...
I'm really into this swatch project thing.
I have sorry cuticles now, but I enjoyed it. I'm trying to do everything I own by a brand at once. So I'm starting with smaller sets of things I have, like L.A. Colors and Revlon. I'll be posting them in sets I guess!

Anyway, so because I have so many things to post, I wanted to show you guys 2 sets of nails I did for my friends this past week!

I did my friend Nicole's nails on Sunday.


Thumbs up for cupcakes!


Cupcakes and leopard print! Enlarge the photo to see it better.
The colors I used on Nicole's manicure were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue, Presto Pink, and Whirlwind White. The cupcake detailling was done by mixing the colors with white.
I did the leopard with my black nail art pen.
Add bullion beads for sprinkles and a red rhinestone as the cherry on top! :)

Tonight, my bestie/soulmate Emma and I went to The Hangover 2 with our new friend Nina! It was pretty awesome. Not quite as good as the first but still hilarious.
Before the movie, I did Emma's nails.
She was already wearing a For Audrey dupe and we made it much better!


Enlarge the photo to see all the awesome!

I have nothing better to do so I'll tell you what I did on all her fingers.

Her thumbs consist of one cupcake, done the same way as Nicole's, and a floral nail!
Her index fingers are plain but use cool polishes - China Glaze Senorita Bonita with Hidden Treasure layered over it (which looked super cool in low light but I didn't get a photo) and Milani 3D Cyberspace over her For Audrey dupe
Her middle fingers have cute lacey/finial/whatever patterns from the new BM plates. OPI - Dim Sum Plum is the pink.
Her ring fingers? Milani Jewel FX in Silver and For Audrey dupe with OPI - Last Friday night layered on top.
One pinky is a fishtail with the F.A. dupe, Dim Sum Plum, and Milani Nail Art in Purple Outline.
Her other pinky is special - a black cat in memory of Emma's cat, Miss Puss! From the original BM set.
(Black stamping was done with Wet N Wild Black Creme, of course.)

Emma loves everything so we did everything. Haha.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my art on other people's nails for a change! Nighty night.

15 comments:

  1. These are cute :3
    I love seeing all the different styles together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay CUPCAKES~!!! They came out so cute~!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. Those cupcakes look so good! Makes me want a cupcake. Which is not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of it is so cute! Especially the cupcakes, I want those on my nails so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE those cupcakes. Oodles of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! where you get those small colored beads (on cupcakes)?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie was a lot of fun, thanks again for inviting me! Loved the skittle nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the different colors and designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the manies, and the cupcakes are gorgeous! :) I think I might do a cupcake mani for my b-day coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant manis not manies. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i absolutely love the cupcakes! :) awesome manis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehehe! i am so happy about my fingers. I wore gloves while I did the dishes today because i want to save them as long as i can :p

    I adore the miss puss nail! I want that plate so i can have her with me whenever I want!

    I had a load of fun that night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the thumb with the floral nail! I have really been wanting to do nails like this for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, those cupcakes are so cute
    ;)

    ReplyDelete