Friday, April 1, 2011

sally's sale / i made my own zoya almost-dupe!

Hey guys, first of all I just want to let you know that there is a great polish sale at Sally Beauty this month!
ALL nail polish is buy 2 get 1 free!
China Glaze, Orly, Finger Paints, all the good stuff!

I'm glad you all had a laugh about my failed March no-buy and now my hopes for a less plentiful April are screwed because how can you resist that sale?!
I already have, you know, like 6 CG in my mind to pick up.

Now on to my almost dupe. If you've seen my wishlist, you would know that Zoya's Dannii is on it.
(It's purple. What can I say.)
Accidentally, while I was doing my nails I ended up with a combo of polishes that ended up being pretty similar!
(For reference, here is link to AllYouDesire's swatches of the Intimate collection. This is the girl who made me NEED Dannii. Her photos are beautiful!)

Anyway. I grabbed 2 polishes from my stash just looking for a shimmery purple look and ended up with this:


The shimmer is more blueish than Dannii, but it is close enough that I think I will hold off on buying Dannii! (At least for a while. I'm sure I'd have it already if Zoya's damn promotions were Canada-friendly.)


I love it!
Here's what I used.


China Glaze Spontaneous and Sinful Colors Purple Diamond.
I bought PD thinking it was opaque on it's own, but it is not. At all. But it gives a nice shimmer to other polishes! I haven't tried it over black yet, but when I do I'll be sure to post it.

Now, back to daydreaming about the polishes I'll get at Sally's soon... haha!

1 comment:

  1. haha I said the same thing about the Sally sale...if it wasn't for that maybe I would have bought less polish this month :P oh well.

    ReplyDelete