Friday, March 11, 2011

L.A. girl nail lacquer - secret - swatch and review

Today I'm going to show you my first nude polish.
I technically do have 2 other nudes but they are NOTHING like my skintone, so I don't really count those.

This one however, is pretty close to my skin!



This is the new L.A. Girl nude/light collection that doesn't really have an actual name that I can find other than "nude." The display says "Go Nude" but the bottles don't have any name like the other collections like Metal or Color Addict.
Here is the only list of colors I can find, from the same website where I found the Color Addict ones.

I had a lot of trouble with the application of this polish but it was mostly due to the environment in which I was trying it out - work. For fun, I will tell you about it.
On the first application, it took me 4 normal coats for totally even color. And then I realized that I accidentally had brought my old bottle of Seche Vite with me. So it was too gloopy and wouldn't apply nicely and didn't really dry. So I took it off.
Second application, I did 2 normal coats and one thick coat, and then waited for it to dry on its own. As soon as one hand was dry I put one coat on the next, and then I had a customer... and then I ruined a bunch of nails.
So I took it off, and realized that even after a half hour of drying time, the 3 coats on my left hand had not really dried and I was able to push it all off my nail.
(P.S. I do one hand at a time at work, just so I can try to avoid ruining something if a customer comes.)

So I was totally discouraged and wore naked nails for the rest of the day. (Had I not been on polish-lent, I would have went to the drug store in the mall and gotten another polish! Hah)

When I got home, I tried again, successfully!
3 coats + Seche Vite:


In the photos it doesn't appear to match my skin so well, but in person it is much closer and more flattering.
I'm just too translucent! Hah!


Look at the air in the bottle! I used so much with my failed attempts. Pity!

These polishes are said to have "diamond powder" in them, which seems a little exaggerated, however, there is some nice subtle shimmer!
Here is a closeup of the shimmer on the nail.


Overall, I really like this shade but the formula could have been better.
As I said, it takes FOREVER to dry on its own, and it takes 3/4 coats for even coverage.
After these swatches I did some nail art that I fell in love with, I'll save that for another day. :)

Well that was a wordy post.

5 comments:

  1. I think I have the Forever 21 dupe for this. It's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look great naked!
    Lol. Ok I just had to say it because it sounds really creepy... I do however think that is a great nude color for you! I especially like the shimmer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that color, a very pretty nude shade. Can't wait to see the design eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Leslie :o)

    I can't wait to see what you do with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, thank you!! hahaha. you're hilarious.

    and thanks to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete